Preventive Treatment Includes:
- Digital Dental X-rays – a helpful diagnostic tool to detect potential problems unseen by the naked eye.
- Teeth cleaning/flossing – plaque/tartar removal, followed by polishing.
- Fluoride treatment – helps prevent decay and can repair teeth in the early, microscopic stages of disease.
- Dental sealants – a plastic coating applied to the biting surfaces of the molars to guard against decay.
- Counseling – we address diet, bottle and sippy cup use and hygiene with parents.
Preventive treatments usually begin when children are old enough to sit in a chair for cleaning, typically at age 3.
Custom Athletic Mouth Guards
We fabricate custom made athletic mouth guards for our patients. A custom fitted mouth guard will allow the child to breath and speak easier, thus enabling them to wear it more to prevent injury and concussion.