We love Halloween, but that candy can result in new cavities. Scary!
Here are a few ways you can enjoy that candy and minimize the risk of cavities.
- Eat your treats directly after a meal, rather than as a separate snack. Saliva production increases during meals, washing away food particles and helping to neutralize cavity-causing acids.
- Try your best to avoid the sticky candies (Starburst) and slowly-dissolving candies (lollipops), and opt for chocolates instead.
- Eat your candy within the first week after Halloween; don’t drag your supply out into winter.
- Drink lots of water.
- Choose anti-cavity snacks as well. (cheese, yogurt)
- Continue to brush twice a day with a fluoride toothpaste, and clean between your teeth daily using floss.